Friday, February 1, 2013

Altered/Upcycled Ribbon Roll


Altered Ribbon Roll

Altered Ribbon Roll Back
Don't throw out those empty ribbon rolls! Alter them! I upcycled this one with lots of leftover lace pieces, pink roses with leaves, baby breath, little red paper roses, tulle pieces, designer paper & other findings!
Pink fabric roses with leaves, baby breath & red glitter puff hearts were purchased from dollar tree. A great value!
I papered top & bottom of ribbon roll, and redid the hole on top to hold the red heart on a stick,(that I trimmed to fit the height of my squat ribbon roll), and hot glued heart stick inside hole. (To keep it from being wobbly you may need to tuck in a lace piece. I used a tooth pick to help me out with this.)
  Wrap the stick of the red heart with ribbon or lace - to hide/camouflage! I do this with the stem of the roses too!
Tulle piece is fanned & glued to stand up behind red heart.
Work Up... everything is placed standing up, rather than glued down. Lace pieces tucked here & there are the key to adding embellishments, giving them something to glue/stick to! Any unsightly glue or bare spots can be covered with roses, small piece of leftover lace or other embellishments!
I hope to have inspired you to alter some of those ribbon rolls, you already have on hand!! Happy Creating! Hugs,Tee
Linking my altered project to Unique Crafters Challenge

6 comments:

  1. Too late Tee, I threw mine out ha ha.
    Yours is gorgeous.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have a few empty rolls I think I just might have to see what I can do...lol.

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    Happy Crafting,
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I save my ribbon rolls, but have yet to use them in a project. Thanks for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Tee! This is awesome! I think you're right....this would be a great idea for an Altered Paper swap!

    ReplyDelete