Thursday, April 11, 2013

Altered Spoolies





Back


Mom doesn't have a blog so I am sharing an altered thread spool (spoolie) that she did. She made a couple more for the Altered Paper Swap Group, but I cant share those until her swap partner receives them.
Materials Used:
Thread spools  (purchased @ Family Dollar 3/$1.00)
A little sewing kit with mini spools (also from F.Dollar $1.00)
Bamboo Skewers (pk of 100 for $1.00)
Lace
Ribbon
Flowers
Angel Cabochon
Pretty Button
Spool was dressed in a lace piece, adhered with hot glue.
A bamboo skewer was broke to the desired height & hot glued inside spools center hole. (Lace was wrapped & adhered to skewer to cover)
I fanned & hot glued 2 pieces of lace and adhered to the front & back side of the skewer, for the topper.

Now the fun part...embellishing!

( both sides of this spoolie was embellished to look pretty)
I love these Spoolies, they are super cute & you can make them any theme!
Here is another one mom did. I borrowed this one for my mantle.

Altered Spoolie With Designer Paper Fan & Lotsa Lace
Happy Creating! Hugs,Tee

3 comments: