Friday, April 12, 2013

Red White & Blue Spoolie



Red White & Blue Spoolie


Back

I have been wanting to alter a thread spool for sometime, and I finally got around to it. I didn't have a theme in mind, until I spotted the red white & blue star stickers, and decided to go patriotic with it. Gathering up some red white & blue items from my stash, I just went for it.
I broke a kabob stick to the height I wanted & wrapped red lace around it, and stuck it through the thread spools center hole with hot glue.
I couldn't find the perfect lace size to cover my spool base with, so I had to use 2 pieces, taking care that both pieces met in the back so I could cover up the seam & any glue with a button or other item.
I used 3 cute mini spools (found in a sewing kit @ F. Dollar) to embellish, and glued each in place.
And just placed the star stickers & other red white & blue findings from my stash randomly.
 Inspiration came from mom who has already made a few of these cute altered spoolies, and made them look so easy!
Submitting my patriotic spool to
Anything but a Card Challenge

2 comments: