Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Altered Paint Brush-Coquetry


Altered Paint Brush
Brush-Back

Pretty Victorian Ladies
Altered Paint Brush
Products Used:

3" Wide Paint Brush
Pretty Victorians Collage Sheet- Gecko Galz
Coquette Digital Stamp Set-Gecko Galz
French Connection Stamp Set- Gecko Galz
Elastic Lace Trim
Vintage Buttons
Scattered Straw & Picket Fence Distress Paint
Pearl Trim
Beige Trim
Paper Flowers
Hot Glue Gun
Homemade Mod Podge- (Elmer's Glue & Water)


I altered my paint brush using Gecko Galz New February Coquette Kit, and Pretty Victorians Collage Sheet. 
I printed them out on light yellow paper instead of white card stock. Working with paper makes it easier to apply when creating a collage on a shaped object like a paint brush.
I tore different sized pieces of paper from the collage sheets, using a mixture of Elmer's glue & water to adhere to paint brush in a collage fashion. I let that dry, and added the Pretty Victorians ladies.

I used distress paint in scattered straw, applying it to the bristles of brush and randomly on my background collage paper, to give it more of a vintage ephemera feel! I burned the edges around the paper to outline the words "Coquetry" & "Vintage" (I love the look this gives to a vintage themed project!)
I wrapped an elastic lace trim piece on brush handle & adhered it with a hot glue gun. The fun part...embellishing! I used found items from my stash.
A lace mesh material was tied to create a hanger.

Happy Creating! Hugs,Tee

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tee!! Scattered Straw is one of my favourite colours and such a perfect choice for this wonderful upcycle project! Love your vintage ladies and that beautiful pearl trim! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tee! Those altered paint brushes are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete