Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Altered Up-Cycled Matchbox




Altered Matchbox
 Here is a large matchbox that I recycled using a homemade textured paste technique. I made a small batch with red & white acyclic paints mixed together to create my fave color...Pink. Applied it all over matchbox!
I also applied the pink paste to the ceramic frame, and dabbed a little picket fence distress paint over that.
Embellished with little pink roses, some white mesh, and netting, and other elements from my stash.
Finished it with a pretty bow!


*Homemade Texture Paste*
See Tutorial By  Pamellia @ My Little Craft Things

Products Used:
Large Matchbox
Ceramic Picture Frame
Pretty Victorian Collage Sheet- Gecko Galz
Pink Zig Zag Ribbon
White Mesh Material
White Netting
Pearl
Picket Fence Distress Paint
Paper Roses
Pink ribbon

My Paste.
Red & White Acrylic Paint
Baby Powder
Elmer's Glue

Here you can see the homemade paste that was applied to cover matchbox before embellishing. I love the look & will be experimenting with different colors, when I make my next paste!

Thanks Pamellia for sharing the awesome tutorial!!


Side View-Textured Paste



Playing along with Recycle Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Challenge > Anything goes but must recycle! 

  




And the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge Pinkalcious!!



Happy Creating! Hugs,Tee

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sherryn, Thank you for your lovely comments! They Inspire me to create! Hugs,Tee

      Delete
  2. what a pretty project! Thanks for sharing this week at Crafty Gals Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project. This little box is gorgeous. Love all the details you added.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!! Tee, this is absolutely gorgeous! I am a huge fan of pink and of course, shabby chic...and you have hit the mark on both of these with beauty and grace!! Such an amazing upcycle project and the end result is so stunning!!

    Thank you so much for the shout out! I am so glad you gave my recipe a try...and may I say...YOU ROCKED IT!!! Beautiful results you achieved with your texture! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    I am your newest follower Tee, what a treat my visit has been today! hugs, Pamellia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a follower of your blog too! I was hooked on your extremely beautiful artistic creations beginning with that fabulous haunted house you created!!! Amazing! Glad to have found your blog! Your work stands up for itself! Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful project. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose,and Re-Invent. Hope top see you back here again soon. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty in pink! What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing along last week at Crafty Gals Corner! Be sure to join in this week with our ANYTHING GOES challenge! :)
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete