Sunday, March 15, 2015

Altered Upcycled Bird House


                   Join in the fun @ Gecko Galz! 
                 This months challenge theme is... 
                                In the Garden!!
For this months sample- I fixed up an old birdhouse using Gecko Galz Victorian Spring Kit Collection!!

I have been seeing a lot of bird houses springing up lately! Which kept reminding me that it was well past the time to save the one hanging in my backyard. I have been looking at it for some time now, thinking I really need to go get that old birdhouse in here and do something with it... it was definitely in very sad shape. As you can see below!


 I began the transformation with a little sand paper to clean it up a bit. I then applied 3 light coats of prairie sage paint, that I had left over from painting my kitchen last summer.


 Now it was time time to beautify it! Using digital papers, icons, and Beautiful Words Collage Sheet from Gecko Galz Victorian Spring Kit Collection!
I applied those beautiful papers & icons all over the birdhouse with Elmer's Glue & Water.
And embellished with found items from my craft stash.

Here is my finished inspiration piece!




  

 

Bottom

A Couple of Shabby Flowers on Roof

Bird House Back
Finished Front
 I went ahead and covered up the front hole because this bird house had hung on the porch previously... but housed only a wasp nest!!  Now that that problem is fixed! I will place it back under the awning of the porch, after giving it at least a good 3 coats of Outdoor Mod Podge!!

Photo Collage -Picasa

Supplies:
Sand Paper
Paint
Elmer's Glue & Water
Tacky Glue
Hot Glue Gun
Out Door Mod Podge

Gecko Galz Products:
Victorian Spring Digital Kit
Beautiful Words
 
Bird House Image (used on back of birdhouse) - By Digital Paper

 Embellishments:
Pink Ric Rac Trim
Flowers Trim
Shabby Lt. Blue Flowers
Tiny Flower Bouquet
Pearl Adhesive Beads
Misc Flowers
Maroon Vintage Button
Large Pink Flower
Stick on Gems
Bird Die Cut
Small Stick Pin


 The End Result:




Hope to inspire you to get that old project out & get it done!
 Happy Altering/Upcycling! Hugs,Tee

Entering my project in the following Challenges:

Inspirational Journal = Spring Blooms

Frilly and Funkie= Bring on the Bling


7 comments:

  1. Wow Tee, this is just pretty as all get out! What an angelic scene and the colours are completely dreamy! That birdhouse sure did get a fabulous makeover...I almost wish I was a bird right now! haha!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Bring on the Bling' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic upcycling project Tee! This birdhouse now looks so great! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous transformation ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellisimo cambio que has realizado !!Cada detalle minuciosamente colocado con las diversidades de colores

    Bellisimo!!Me encanta!!

    Besitos mi niña y gracias por compartir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love your work, looks great well done you =D Now I goggled for swaps of small altered items and paper crafts as im keen to do some international swaps. If you or any of your friends are keen please come and join our fb page. Thanks from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love this Tee! Every side is pure delight. fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete